The South Bay has got some amateur talent, and the Hometown Fair Community Showcase is the place to see it! There is something for everyone to delight in, from a wide variety of art and photography, to tap dancing, belly dancing, musical ensembles, fashion shows, crooner’s, and jazz combos. Come on into the Joslyn Center and check it all out, or better yet come and be a part of it! Amateur’s only please.
Amateur Performer Stage Shows
Amateurs with a talent are invited to perform during the Hometown Fair. Performances are featured on the Joslyn Center Stage. Dance performances, gymnastics and karate exhibitions, choral groups, music and drama students are encouraged to submit applications.
2016 PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1
- 11:00am Bluegrass Music by Smoky Hollow Bluegrass Bluegrass
- 12:00pm Irish Dancing by Kelly School of Irish Dance Irish Dancing
- 1:00pm Dancing by Mira Costa Dance Team Dance
- 1:30pm Musical Theater by Sasha Skibo Musical Theater
- 2:00pm Singing by SnS Show Singing
- 2:30pm Spanish & Flamenco Dance by Susana Elena Spanish & Flamenco Dance
- 3:00pm Rock and Roll by The Sorted Rock and Roll
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2
- 10:30am Classical Piano by Rosie Foss Classical Piano
- 11:00am Dances by Dance 1 & Redondo Ballet Jazz, Ballet, Lyrical & Contemporary
- 12:30pm Music by The No Names Jazz/Funk, Piano, Sax, Drum
- 1:00pm Classical Piano by Mehrad Classical Piano
- 2:00pm Dances by School of Dance and Music Dance
- 2:30pm 24th Annual Fashion Show by Sew Creative Café Fashion Show
Amateur Art Exhibit
South Bay residents with a talent for drawing, painting, photography, sculpting, quilting, or other crafts are welcomed to submit an application to exhibit their work at the fair. Please no craft vendor submissions.
The History of Manhattan Beach
The history of Manhattan Beach is on display during the fair courtesy of The Manhattan Beach Historical Society. See pictures, books, and other interesting information about the city’s history.